Increased SGOT and SGPT levels, negative Hepatitis B and C tests. What should I do?

Dear Doc,
I had gone for my routine medical tests which showed and increased level of T - 120SGOT-61 and SGPT-120 I then got my Hepatitus B & C tests done which were negative, Today got a ultrasound done which indicates diffused increase in echogenicity and small focal hypoechoic area in segment five ( 12x11mm) which is a likely focal fat sparring area what should i do pl advise.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

You have mildly raised levels of SGOT and SGPT with focal fat deposition in the liver. These findings are suggestive of fatty liver.

Fatty liver usually happens due to consumption of alcohol as well as sedentary lifestyle.

You need to restrict your alcohol intake (if you are taking any) and do some regular exercise like brisk walking for 45 min-1 hour daily. “Ursodeoxychiloic acid” (UDCA) is supposed to help in reducing the fatty liver. I suggest you to consult a gastroenterologist and get it prescribed.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.