Increase in weight even after eating moderately. What to do?

Question
I eat moderately, still see that my weight increases rapidly. Please suggest what to do.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 49 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. I guess your last TSH is normal. Get a few hormonal tests- 8 am cortisol and TSH if not done recently. If both are normal then weight is not due to horm disturbances. Losing weight is one of the toughest things to achieve. First of all XXXXXXX a dietician and plan a low calorie diet chart. Drink atleast 3l of water, take a lot of green salad, drink green tea 3- 4 times a day. Try oats or fruit bowl for breakfast. Burn 300 cals by way of aerobic exercise. Keep a target of 100 gm wt loss every day. Needless to say avoid junk food.
You will eventually succeed.
My very best wishes
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Increase in weight even after eating moderately. What to do? 8 minutes later
Thanks Doctor, for your quick response. I have spokent to the dietician already. I will have the blood test done and get back to you with the reports. Thanks a lot.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 minute later
My pleasure
Shivaprasad