Increase in the absolute lymphocyte counts. Should I be worried?

I had a physical on Monday and my blood test came back. Lymphs absolute values were 3.3. Normal range were 0.7-3.1. Should I be concerned. The rest of my WBC was normal.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us on XXXXXXX with your query. I understand your concern. Relax, there is nothing to be worried about an isolated and minimal increase in the absolute lymphocyte counts. I would not take a 0.2(200 cells/cmm) increase in numbers as a significant increase. I may be able to help you further if you can upload the copy of the report. We not only see the absolute numbers, we see the percentages also. I sincerely hope I have addressed your query. You are most welcome to ask me if you have any further concerns. Wishing you good health. Warm regards,
Follow-up: Increase in the absolute lymphocyte counts. Should I be worried? 2 minutes later
I did upload my blood test already. Can you please read it and tell me exactly everything. I was recovering from a cold when I had my physical. I don't take any medication besides vitamin.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reports reviewed, nothing very significant. Detailed Answer: Hello Ms XXXX, Thanks for writing back. I have reviewed your reports and I don't find anything highly significant, apart from low TSH levels. I would advise you to repeat the TSH, free T3, free T4 levels after 2 to 3 months to see how they are. Apart from this, your HDl levels are slightly low, and triglycerides are slightly elevated, your fasting blood sugars are on the higher side as well. I would advise you to exercise regularly, at least 3 to 4 days a week. And repeat the blood glucose levels after 1 month. And you may forget about the lymphocyte counts as it is not significant. I hope I have answered your question this time. Please feel free to write back if you have any doubts. All the very best. Warm regards.
Follow-up: Increase in the absolute lymphocyte counts. Should I be worried? 6 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Actually it was not a fasting blood test. The doctor also did a AIC which came back normal. Yes my TSH is low and I have to redo it in 3 month. I was just concerned because i did not know why my Lymphs Absolute came back slightly higher. Some ppl said that was because i had the cold. So I really don't know. How about my Bun/Creatinine ration and my Alkaline Phosphatase. AM I getting this numbers because i was sick the week before?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lymphocytes could be due to cold. Detailed Answer: Hello dear Ms XXXX, Thank you again for writing back. If the blood test wasn't a fasting one, then it is fine. Elevated absolute lymphocytes after a bout of cold is perfectly normal, that explains it. BUN and Creatinine values are fine, only the ratio is slightly higher, that is because your creatinine levels are on the lower side where as you BUN is on the higher side, nothing to worry. As for Alkaline phosphatase, again absolutely nothing to worry, we do not consider lower than normal levels to be of any significance at all in this case. Warm regards, P.S., You may accept the answer and close the discussion if you are satisfied with the answer, and you may also consider rating the answer.