Increase in resting pulse rate, have heart flutter, no chest pain. Should I be concerned?

Hi Doctor, my resting pulse rate is normally 70 beats but just now it is 103. i just ate and was at the gym about 1.5 hours ago. i dont feel chest pain and my blood pressure reading was 112/75. Felt some heart flutter too. should i be concerned?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 39 minutes later
welcome to health care magic.
As you are 49 years male smoker , you are not mentioned about hypertension and diabetes, whether you are taking any previous medication.
Normally pulserate changes with activity.
Resting pulse rate of 70 may go upto 100-120 based upon what activity you are doing.
In post exercise heart rate of 103 may be normal( you mentioned you are in gym).
But you did your cardiac evaluation 2years ago , so again need full cardiac evaluation including stress test.
Presently your Blood pressure recording is normal only.
so you need cardiac evaluation.
thank you.
Follow-up: Increase in resting pulse rate, have heart flutter, no chest pain. Should I be concerned? 22 minutes later
Thanks doctor. I had a full blood count test last week and all normal. No diabities cholesteral normal.

I will do another cardio check. No pain at all when during gym and cardio.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 18 minutes later
as you mentioned ,there is no diabetes and hypertension ,except smoking there is no risk factors for cardiac disease.
so continue regular exrrcise, stop smoking.
under go once complete cardiac evalution yearly.
thank you.