Increase in TBIL level, liver enzymes seem to be good. Possible causes?

I have had an increased elevation with my TBIL LEVEL. THE LAB RANGE IS. >>>>. 0.2-1.3
In 2011 my TBIL WAS 0.7
in 2012 myTBIL WAS 1.4
MAY 2013 my TBIL IS 1.5
however, my liver enzyme levels are good!
Possible causes???
Meds I am on ...but I do not take lipitor always...are 20 mg lipitor....and 50 mg Metopropol, 5 mg Amlodipine. At times I take Aleve...and 5000 mg vitamin D
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 3 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concerns,
I have gone through your history, you are having Hypertension,Dyslipidemia and autoimmune RA( Rheumatoid Arthritis),Lupus and Eosinophilic Fasciitis.

I presume your blood pressure is well controlled with medicines you are taking. You are taking Lipitor irregularly however it is advisable to take it regularly.

Your bilirubin is marginally high only 1.5 mg/dl and your liver enzymes are normal. There are no normal levels of bilirubin as it is an excretion product, and levels found in the body reflect the balance between production and excretion.

I feel you need not to worry about this level this is normal variation. In your case possible causes are autoimmune hepatitis, drug effect on liver (Lipitor), Fatty liver?

Please take care of your blood pressure and Lipid profile with periodic checkups.
Hope this information helps you, if there is any follow up query please let me know, I Will be happy to help.

With Best Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.