Inability to sit for more than ten minutes. No pain. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How common is the inability to sit more than 10 min. without unbearable pain? No one seems to understand.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes its common,you need advanced care

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case with diligence.

Yes it is very common in spinal stenosis.
Due to multiple problems some residual pain can be feature. You need to understand the pattern of your pain and modify lifestyle accordingly.

Epidural steroid injection may help you to relieve numbness and pain.

Core stabilisation exercise to stabilise your spine muscles will help you, I will advise a physiotherapy consultation to relieve your pain and maintenance exercises can be learn.
Lumbar corset support will help you for prolong sitting.
Take neurotropics like methylcobalamine.

Sneezing coughing may increase pressure on nerve so this may increase pain, take some support to reduce pain.
And if all these fail then MRI spine and if required decompression with stabilisation can be done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.