Ask a Urologist   »  

Inability to ejaculate with a swelling in the penis. What's wrong?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
unable to ejaculateI am male, 30 years old, 5'9, about 185 lbs. my penis has a slight swelling on the right side that has gone down in the last day but is still there. I can get and maintain an erection, however I cannot ejaculate. there is no pain at all, I am just extremely frustrated. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety, but am not currently on any medication for it. what could possibly be wrong and what can I do to remedy this problem? thank you.
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
For inability to ejaculate with a swelling in the penis you need a detailed evaluation by a urologist. Some of the causes which can be responsible for these symptoms in your case are:

1) Infections of the prostate, bladder, or seminal vesicles and interstitial cystitis
2) Gonorrheal infections
3) Urethritis or prostatitis
You need a comprehensive profile of investigations including semen examination, culture, urine culture and examination, PSA levels, STD panel for gonorrhea, swab samples and a cystoscopy if needed to rule out any urethritis.
First you need to see a doctor,get a swab test to confirm the diagnosis.
You will have to take a course of antibiotics.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.