In old age, can Grommet help with better hearing capacity?

i am 81years old going to have a grommet soon ;do you think it may help me hear any better
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 51 minutes later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

I don't know. Whether grommets would help your hearing or not would depend on the underlying cause(s) for your hearing loss in the first place. For example, is your hearing loss due to chronic noise exposure? Or is it a nerve conduction loss? Or is it just old age? Or is it a combination of several factors?

I would thread very cautiously if I were you. Don't rush this. You have enough health issues at the moment to be going on with.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.