In menopause stage and while peeing there is spotting. Suggest?

I am menopause stage and when I pee there is a light dark spotting on tissue no pain
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly get evaluated for endometrial pathology

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Spotting after menopause is not normal, you need to get clinically evaluated to be on safer side.

Most common cause for this type of symptom is Atrophic vaginitis which can be easily treated with oestrogen cream. But you need to rule out other serious condition like ENDOMETRIAL GROWTH by doing a scan pelvis and check for ET i.e. endometrial thickness. This is a very important test.

I am not thinking in terms of blood in urine) or dysuria (pain while urination).

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile