In menopause, have been spotting, cramping, and having hot flashes. On estradial and progesterone. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I am menopausal and for the past three months I have been spotting, cramping, and having hot flashes the 15th of every month for about 5-7 days. I have been on estradial and progesterone for a year and have been able to keep the hot flashes at a minimum but they have taken off the past month!
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DISCUSS WITH YOUR DR REGARDING DOSE ADJUSTMENT.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
All the symptoms you describe are definitely due to menopause, and treatable with HRT ( doctor for adjusting the dosages accordingly.
Of course, needless to say , a healthy diet and a dedicated fitness regime will go a long way towards alleviating many of these symptoms.
All the best, please feel free to discuss further.