In menopause. Started bleeding after a cervical polyp removal. What's wrong?

i had a cervical polyp removed last Wednesday. I bled just a small amt that first day. Now this afternoon I began bleeding quite alot. ( I am in menapause and 53 yrs old.) My dr. is not in the office today and the front office said if I needed someone to go to Urgent Care. I did not, but now I am very concerned.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 59 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Cervical polyps are usually removed by ring sutures and remaining part of the base is cauterized or laser treatment is done for that. They may bleed if not cauterized properly.It is better to visit a Gynecologist as you are having more bleeding.Till then you can take tablet tranexamic acid.Just relax ,Sometimes it might stop on its own but one never knows so one should not neglect it.

Best wishes and take care