Implanon inserted. Feeling dizzy, heartburn, stomachache, pain in back and arm. What's wrong?

Mar 2016

hi!!! i have a inplanon for 4 years, but i'm very sick these days, i have palpitation, stomach pain and fullness, back pain, pain on the arm and numbness, lack of energy, feeling dizzy and heartburn!!!! what could it be? I am a healthy girl active, but i don't know what its going on with me, it only gets worse went i get to my monthly period, but i haven't seen my mesntruation for a year... please help
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.I have gone through your history in detail. All your clinical presentations including prolonged amenorrhoea (absence of period) are probably due to undesirable side effects of Implanon that is used for long time. You can exclude pregnancy by doing a blood test for beta-hCG. Other associated conditions that may aggravate above features,are hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit, stress/ anxiety, ovarian cyst, thyroid problem, psychological factors, over weight or extreme loss etc.

A thorough clinical examination and some investigations like Ultrasonography (USG) lower abdomen, Thyroid profile, LH/FSH, Blood sugar and blood level of estrogen & progesterone, are initially recommended to pin point a diagnosis.

Please consult with your gynecologist at the earliest for proper guideline and initiation of medical treatment.

Do some useful basic things for lifestyle modification and prevention of above conditions:
1)Change Implanon at the earliest and use other contraceptive method after consulting with your doctor.
2)Use some medication like anti spasmodic with PPI like omeprazole for abdominal discomfort and apply muscle relaxant gel for backache. Hot water bag compression may be advisable.
3) Avoid salty/ fatty/ spicy/bitter tasting food including coffee.
4) Eat leafy vegetables and drink lots of fluid/water.
5) Avoid stress by doing regular XXXXXXX breathing (20-30 times) or yoga
6) Take healthy protein XXXXXXX diet with Multivitamins/Iron supplements.
7) Do light exercise to control body weight and relax in free time.
8) Need adequate rest and proper sleep at least 6-8 hrs daily.
9) Maintain genital hygiene properly & use tight breast support.
10) Preferably one psychological counseling regarding this.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you a good health and stay always active.