Immovable painless lump on the upper arm

General Surgeon
Hello I have discovered a 4cm x 2 cm lump on the inside of my upper arm. It seems attached to muscle and is painless and inmovable
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Thanks for nice query.     

There are many possibilities of lump on the inside of upper arm.

Depending upon the consistency whether it is soft or hard, mobile or immobile, diagnosis varies.

Sometimes, muscular, cystic or solid tumors are seen which moves with the contraction and movements of muscles.

Solid hard lump can be some times attached to the bone also, such lump don't move with muscular movements and are immobile.

A painless, immobile lump of size 4X2 cms on the inside of upper arm in a women of 55 years needs evaluation from orthosurgeon and also investigation like X-Ray and even MRI of the arm and FNAC or excision biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

It will be nice on your part to get examined from orthopedic surgeon and get it investigated.

Most probably, it is a benign lesion, but still it needs evaluation considering your age.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries. please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.