Imbalance, nauseated, sore throat, runny nose. What does it indicate?

Hello, I am a 35 year old active healthy young woman, 5' 6", about 120 pounds. I woke up this morning, stood up to walk, and I felt like the room was tilted to the right. I lost my balance a bit, and made a comment to my husband, "Do you feel like the earths gravitational pull is off today!?" lol.
This never happened to me before today. It happened again a few times all morning. I just felt like my balance was very off, again like I mentioned, like the room was tilted to the right. I became a bit nauseated too. As the morning went on, a very sore throat came on and then at about dinner time, my nose started running and has been running like a faucet ever since. Can you tell me, does this sound like just a regular cold type thing to you maybe? Just something that needs to run it's course? Does that mean the germs went in through my ears since I was off balance? I don't know if that sounds very funny but I was just trying to figure out why I was off balance as well.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 40 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

I have noted your complaints and the medical history

I feel that the possibilities are
1. Positional vertigo, could be related to infection/common cold per se
2. Remote second possibility of neurological problem which can cause sudden alteration of balance are stroke (highly unlikely in your case) etc

I feel that you should be examined by a local neurologist. An examination will resolve this issues if you need any scans or not.

I hope that this clarifies your query
Let me know incase you have any other concern
Best wishes