I'm thinking of having the Novasure precedure done. Diagnosed with Herpes. Is it safe?

Im thinking of having the novasure precedure done, i've been diagnois with herpe. Is it safe to have the precedure.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

Novasure or thermal ballon (thermachoice) are the methods to burn the endometrium

In thermachoice hot water ballon is used and in novasure a mesh is put inside and electric cauterisation of the enometrium is done

These are the methods for the women having heavy bleeding or menorrhagia

As you are reaching menopause you shouldn't go for it only for the sake of herpes

Are you having heavy periods ?

There is medical treatment for herpes

Moreover the procedure will ablate endometrium only , what about the external parts , it is not going to resolve

I don't think it is a suitable thing to do

Best wishes

Any other query is most welcome
Follow-up: I'm thinking of having the Novasure precedure done. Diagnosed with Herpes. Is it safe? 12 hours later
yes I do have heavy bleeding,bad cramps,and lots of blood clots, thats why i were considering the precedure for the novasure.I wanted to know if it were safe to have by me having herpe?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 11 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes it is a safe procedure with skilled hands.

Herpes is to be treated with drugs.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer if you don't have further queries.

Best wishes