I'm having lots of joint pain after exertion. I lifted

Question
I'm having lots of joint pain after exertion. I lifted boxes several months ago and now I have tennis elbow that won't go away. Yesterday i pushed my car and now my shoulder feels almost dislocated. I walked a lot several days ago with a heavy pack and my knee swelled up and i had a mild fever. I am 57 with a history of gout and a kidney stone...
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti inflammatory pills and rest will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to inflammation. Uric acid can worsen this. Anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen will be helpful. You can take this 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days. Take esomeprazole(nexium) also twice daily along with this to avoid gastric upset. These are available as over the counter.
Check your uric acid and vitamin d levels also.
You can apply ice packs on swollen areas. Apply ice packs on and off for15 to 20 minutes at a time.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.