I'm a 60 year old male with a history of

Question
I'm a 60 year old male with a history of smoking. I quit 10 years ago. I just had a ct scan with the following results. Upper Abdomen: Diffuse low-attenuation of hepatic parenchyma. 7 mm low attenuating lesion in the left hepatic lobe is incompletely characterized on this nonenhanced study.
What does that mean?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further inputs needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and through the attached report. I understand your concerns. The report shows that you have developed some fatty depositions in your liver. Please mention if you are an alcoholic and whether you have diabetes. Taking alcohol can lead to development of fatty liver as in your case.

Regarding the findings relating to the lungs, you need to elaborate of the symptoms you have. Please mention if you have fever and cough. Unless you have those you need not worry and nothing needs to be done about the changes found in the investigation.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: I'm a 60 year old male with a history of 19 minutes later
Not a diabetic or alcoholic. I'm 5'8" 223lbs. Probably need to lose weight. I do drink occasionally. No fever or cough.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
In such a case you need not bother about the fatty liver. However, you need to cut down even on your occasional drinking.

Since you do not have fever or any lung related problems, you need not bother about the lung findings either.