I'm 33 w pregnant... I have anterior placenta .... From

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I'm 33 w pregnant... I have anterior placenta .... From last 1week I'm feeling light baby movements... Do I need to worry for less movements and do I need to keep track of movements
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes important to count fetal movements

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Yes, it is very important to keep track of fetal movements.

An anterior placenta decreases the sensitivity of perception of fetal movements, but still, it is important to maintain DFMC, daily fetal movement count.

After breakfast, after lunch, and after dinner, after each meal, lie down on the left side and count movements for one hour.

Total of these three hours should be at least ten movements.

All the best
Please feel free to discuss further

Follow-up: I'm 33 w pregnant... I have anterior placenta .... From 15 hours later
Thanks... Now I'm going to office.. hence after breakfast and lunch its not possible to lie on bed.. in that case how do I keep track of fetal movements...

For fetal movement count, movements can be both light/ hard or it should b hard one

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
After breakfast and lunch try and sit still for a while and count.
Light movements are OK with anterior placenta.