If you contract an STI from engaging in oral sex, will a usual blood and urine test reveal it?

if you contract an sti from engaging in oral sex, will a usual blood and urine sti test reveal it?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Radhika 53 minutes later

Yes, if you have contracted any sexually transmitted infection following oral sex it can be detected through a blood or urine test.

Normally for detecting chlamydia and gonorrhoea, screening is done through a urine test.
For syphilis, it is again by taking either a blood sample or a swab from any sores you might have.

For detecting HIV, herpes and hepatitis a blood test is required. To detect HPV (Human Papilloma virus), a swab is taken orally and test is done.

It is better not to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse till the tests have been done.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.