If eyes go double cross as you get older, what can i do to help prevent that condition?

if eyes go double cross as you get older, what can i do to help prevent that or what kind of exercise can i do help heal this condition?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

First of all, the only way your eyes to go double cross when you age is if you have a vascular problem that is not controlled like diabetes or high blood pressure. Even then, it will be crossed until everything is fixed via meds.

Secondly, the other way to have cross eye at an older age is if you had crossed eye when you were younger which was not fixed with therapy, glasses or surgery.

So there is vision therapy which can be performed to help. It is like physical therapy, but for your eyes. It forces to the muscles to work together as a team and form a clear/single image on the retina. A positive prognosis at an older age is not as high HOWEVER this does not mean that it is not possible. There has been cases reported in research of success for those individuals who are determined and dedicated to the therapy.

Hope it addresses you concern, still feel free to contact me in case of any query.

Thank you