If a girl says she is 7 weeks pregnant how long ago did she have sex?

Question
if a girl says she is 7 weeks pregnant how long ago did she have sex?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: 7 weeks' pregnant lady had sex 5 weeks ago Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Pregnancy takes place during ovulation (release of egg from the ovaries into the uterus). The egg in the uterus survives for around 24-36 hours. In a female with regular and normal menstrual cycle of 28 days, ovulation usually occurs 14 days PRIOR to next cycle (or, roughly 14 days from Day 1 of previous menstruation. Following conception during ovulation, the periods stop. The duration of pregnancy is calculated from Day 1 of the Last Menstrual Period (LMP). Hence, the female has had sex approximately 14 days AFTER the LAST period. In the case cited by you, she must have sex FIVE weeks from now (that is, 7 weeks - 2 weeks= 5 weeks). Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: If a girl says she is 7 weeks pregnant how long ago did she have sex? 33 minutes later
So if you had sex with a girl 9weeks ago an doctor says she is 7weeks pregnant is that possible?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are two methods of calculating pregnancy Detailed Answer: Well, If the 7 weeks' pregnancy has been calculated by conventional method, that is, calculated from the LMP, then in that case, the female has had sex FIVE weeks back (that is, about 2 weeks AFTER her last menstrual period) and NOT NINE weeks ago. However, if the Ultrasound findings are suggestive of 7 weeks' pregnancy, calculated according to the size of the embryo (fetus), the girl had had sex SEVEN weeks back and NOT NINE WEEKS. I will be happy to answer further clarifications, if any. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: If a girl says she is 7 weeks pregnant how long ago did she have sex? 37 hours later
If a guy had sex with a girl 9 weeks ago and she is 7 weeks pregnant is that possible ?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 19 hours later
Brief Answer: It is NOT possible Detailed Answer: Hi, As mentioned earlier, it is NOT possible. The reasons have also been given in great detail in my earlier reply. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal