IVF, conceived, miscarriage, IVF repeated. Unable to conceive ?

My wife IVF done sept 2003 Ist time consive and baby born but my bad time my baby missing . Furhter more time ivf done but not consive
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later

It is unfortunate that your baby is missing. I am really sorry to hear about that.

Since your wife conceived by IVF last time it means that the chances of being successful are bright this time also. Your wife needs a detailed evaluation at a good infertility center as the chances of success in IVF are mainly dependent on the expertise of the doctor performing the procedure.

IVF failure can occur due to various reasons as:
1) Uterine infections.
2) Poor ovarian response: It is the body's own mechanism in which it does not respond to IVF.
3) Poor embryo implantation:This is one of the most common cause of failed IVF.
4) Lack of adequate laboratory equipments and skilled treating Doctor required as it is very sensitive procedure requiring efficiency.

Patients with failed IVF have successfully conceived after repeated attempts and I have come across various women with these problems.

If there is no possibility of normal pregnancy then a repeat IVF can be considered. Kindly visit a center where the Gynaecologist has much experience in this field.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.