IUI was done after almost 72 hours of shot, rupture had not yet happened. Was it too late?

Mar 2013
My IUI was done yest after almost 72 hours of the shot...shot was given on Friday morning but since rupture had not happened till saturday afternoon, my IUI was done at around 12:00 PM on Monday. was it too late?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 33 minutes later
Generally IUI is done within 36 hours of the trigger shot for ovulation, because that is when the follicle ruptures.
Best timing for IUI is when follicle ruptures.
If the follicle did not rupture on Saturday, then IUI on Monday is fine, because after rupture the follicle is viable for 24 - 48 hours.
Take care and feel free to discuss further.