IUD mirena removed, unprotected sex, bleeding. Chances of pregnancy ?

pregnancyI had my iud mirena removed on the 11th. My husband and I had sex on the 13th. I had a cycle on the 2nd - 5th. I also bled for 2 day (11-12). is it possible to be pregnant.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
Thanks for your query .

Yes, there's a possibility of pregnancy because you were in mid-cycle.
Bleeding can be due to IUD removal.

It would have been good if you would have taken emergency contraceptive drug within the first 72 hours.

Anyways now i would like you to EITHER get serum betaHCG levels on 20/21 august ( as this test is positive after seven days ) OR wait till next cycle.

I hope this will guide you to decide your next step.

And you are always welcome for any further consultation.
God Bless You.

Dr Minoo Bhagia