IUD fell out. Had intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What is going on?

Question
I have had a period sence my iud fell out on the 6th july but now Im waitng on my next cycel, I have had sex but it was anal and my partner was only in my vagina for a lttle while not long enough for him to cum in side it he cum in my ass. I have had a pregnancy test and it come up negative can you shed some light on my problem
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 minutes later

I would like to know something more from your side so that I can answer the query in better way.

What I understand is that

1.You do not had period this month.
2.Your IUD fell out on 6th July.
3.Your pregnancy test is negative

Is that right ?

Will you please let me know the date of last period ?

Will be waiting for reply.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: IUD fell out. Had intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What is going on? 7 minutes later
No I have not got a period yet this month
Yes my iud did fall out on that day
Yes my test was negative

I started my last [eriod in the 8th july and it stoped on the 10th july

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 24 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

In absence of IUD you are not protected.

Any sexual unprotected activity in fertile days can definitely put you at the risk of pregnancy.

Means if you have sex during mid cycle, there are chances of pregnancy. Though as you have written there way no ejaculation inside, still you have penetrative act and the pre cum may have sperms and can lead to pregnancy.

Now, what you should be doing is,

Please wait for couple of days and then go for pregnancy test again with early morning urine sample. In most of the cases of pregnancy; the test should be positive by now if you are pregnant.

2nd negative test, rules out pregnancy and you are safe. In such case please talk to your doctor and he will give some medicines after examination which will lead to bleeding.

One word of caution as you are young:

Please avoid unprotected sex with any body,apart from pregnancy there are lots of risk associated with it like STD,AIDS etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Wishing you good health,please take care.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: IUD fell out. Had intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What is going on? 10 minutes later
thank you i will do

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Please close the query and give your valuable feedback.

Thanks.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: IUD fell out. Had intercourse. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What is going on? 20 hours later
Thank you everything I asked was answered to my satisfaction and I am happy with the feedback.

I do have one more question if my pregnancy test that I took a few days ago is a true negetive then I should be ok to start my pill I got from my doctor as that will start my perieod.... will that be ok if i did that

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 30 minutes later

Yes,please do it.

Thanks.

Dr.Pragnesh