ISA-TEST. Is this supplement safe?.

Please provide medical data on ISA-TEST. Is this supplement safe?. I see lots of user commendations, but no doctor analysis. Does this supplement have risks?? Thanks in advance.
XXXXXXX Colpitts
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I do not think you should be using any such supplements as they can lead to a rise in BP, rise in pulse rate and arrhythmias. These drugs mimic the activity of sympathetic nervous system and supposedly have an effect of XXXXXXX increased testosterone levels" and sexual drive.

I would compare it to anabolic steroids which is abused by athletes to increase their performance. I am not sure that FDA has approved this drug (we do not know the components) for OTC sale.

So, I will urge you to consult your doctor he may chose to refer to endocrinologist for low testosterone level may be sign of larger endocrinological abnormality and treatment may be quite different.

Despite the layman claims in internet personally, I would say NO to self prescription. That is all the advice I can honestly and sincerely give.

If there is any other query you have I shall be happy to answer.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover