IS it safe to take losartan when having weird spikes of high BP?

Question
No chronic illnesses. Generally healthy and active. occasional BP at 138/90 XXXXXXX Dr prescribed Losartan (50mg once per day). Past two days have had weird spikes over 30-60 minute periods of BP up to 160/95. NEVER had this before - no change in diet. I want to get off Losartan before my body adopts it too much. Is it safe to go off it now and watch my BP closely - doctor appt scheduled for Tues. By the way, resting heart rate normally pre-Losartan is 122/82 By the way, I only started this prescription 2 days ago. Never been on BP meds prior. So this has been two pills (50mg each) that caused this.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue taking antihypertensive Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare magic The spikes if blood pressure shooting up are unrelated to Losartan and it's one of the safest antihypertensive drug. I would suggest you continue taking the medicine, let the physician evaluate and consider for changing antihypertensive or addition of other antihypertensive. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha. Deepak MBBS MD