IS constant fever a symptom of perimenopause?

can you have a constant fever during perimenopause. I feel unwell every day with a fever. Im hot then cold.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
constant fever is not a symptom of perimenopause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Feeling of hot and then cold is known as hot flushes, hot flushes are common during perimenopausal phase.
However constant fever is not a symptom of perimenopause. Fever means that you have an infection which will need to be treated. Please approach a physician for a clinical examination and blood tests like complete blood count and a urine routine. You could also ask your physician regarding symptoms are intolerable. The idea behind hormone replacement therapy is to bring down the perimenopausal symptoms by replacing the depleted progesterone and estrogen hormones in the body.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me