IPV vaccination is scheduled for 3.5 months old. Is this normal?

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is 3.5 months old and she is scheduled to get her IPV after 4 months. Is this normal ?
I read that IPV should be administered at 2nd month. Kindly advise.
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Vaccinations

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 42 minutes later

There is no strict rule to follow the schedule of IPV vaccination, it can be given any time within 5 yrs of age, so go ahead without any concerns whatsoever.

Thank you,
Regards.

Follow-up: IPV vaccination is scheduled for 3.5 months old. Is this normal? 26 minutes later
Thanks for the response doctor.

I feel my question may not have been clear before. My daughter has not gotten her first IPV vaccination and she is suppose to be getting her first one during the visit that is scheduled when she will be 4.5 months . I read at WWW.WWWW.WW that the first one is to be given when baby is 2 months old. So could this delay be a problem ? Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 58 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

I did understand that the first dose is being administered at 4.5 months of age.

Once again I would like to reassure you that there is no strict rule for IPV vaccination that it has to be started at 2 months only. it can be given at any age before 3.5 yrs to 5 yrs of age.

Usually most doctors start at 6 weeks or 10 weeks of life to avoid fall out from the schedule, so starting the first dose of vaccination at 4.5 months is also okay. Please do not worry, there is no problem,
Regards.

Follow-up: IPV vaccination is scheduled for 3.5 months old. Is this normal? 12 hours later
Thanks you !

Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 10 hours later
Welcome.