ICSI ET done, HCG less than 1.2, low levels. Chances of rising ?

Before 14 days My ICSI ET done and my HCG is <1.2 now is there any chance to rise? Age 31, Weight 82, Height 172 cm.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Frankly speaking single low hCG level reading is not suggestive of anything and it will be too early to jump to conclusions. HCG levels of less than 5mIU/ml two weeks after embryo transplant are not very hopeful.

One hCG measurement usually does not provide much helpful information; you need at least two tests done at least 48 hours apart to check whether the level is increasing or decreasing.

It is the increasing levels of hCG which are diagnostic of pregnancy. In early pregnancy the quantitative hCG values double every 48 hours.

So, my suggestion would be to get a repeat serum hCG levels checked after 48 hours of giving the first sample and the results might be helpful in finding out something.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.