IBS, abdomen gas, dizziness, ringing ears. Result of diet change?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...hi I was told last month by DR that I have IBS, and have followed diet to help deal with pains. Tonight I feel gaseous in abdomin, dizzy with ear-ringing. Is this part of IBS or as a result of diet change (no meats, no caffeine, small portion eating) this occurred after a busy day including yard cleaning. I'm in bed over 2 hours now. I'm 48 yrs, 6', 200 lbs, I had stomach flu a couple weeks before severe pains bringing me back to DR last month who said now IBS.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Welcome to health care magic forum,

Problem of dizzy and ear ringing may not be in connection with IBS,is altogether a different entity.
There is possibility that you might have some ear problem,infection,impacted wax or age related problem like auto sclerosis, may give this type of symptoms.At this age we should think of Cervical spondilytis, which due to pressure on nerves gives dizziness and ringing in ears.

When you get dizzi and ear ringing there are possibilities where you may have associated stomach upset feeling like nausea,gastric irritation.

You may have to go for investigations like x XXXXXXX cervical region,eye check up and ENT eamination.

I think this will satisfy your query and doubt,still you have any query or doubt please feel free to ask.
Follow-up: IBS, abdomen gas, dizziness, ringing ears. Result of diet change? 34 minutes later
What is 'ENT'? And the tests you recommend can be done by my GP, or will he have to send me to a specialist? Otherwise, in these circumstances, not a serious health threat for me rigjt now?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 51 minutes later
ENT means ear,nose and throat specialist.
Tests that I have mentioned, most of them can be done by your GP,but certain tests can only be done by ENT specialist.

For an eye check up your GP can advise after he examines your eye.

Wish you good health.