Ask a Urologist   »  

I would like to know what my kidney ultrasound results

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I would like to know what my kidney ultrasound results means.

Right Kidney: there is a 0.3 cm echogenic focus at the interpolar segment/lower pole junction.

Bladder: suboptimally distended. Incidental nonvisualization left ureteral jet.

Impression: possible nonshadowing right 3 mm nephrolith.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need further tests to be done

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the fact that you have posted hyperechoic mass of a size of 0.3 cm located in kidney could be an benign tumor like Angiomyolipoma, renal cell cancer, or hemorrhagic cyst and need further evaluation by doing either C T Scan or MRI to pin point the diagnosis .

The treatment options will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.