I woke up today with a sore throat . During

Question
I woke up today with a sore throat. During the day I had an off again on again headache. I was very tired. I don't have any issues with sneezing or congestion. I have been able to eat. My temp is 100 to 101. Any suggestions on treatment steps or what this might be?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tylenol:1000mg thrice daily!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. This is suggestive of a viral upper respiratory tract infection. Increased fluid intake, regular exercise and balanced diet would help accelerate recovery. Tylenol, 1000mg thrice daily would address the pain and increased body temperatures.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me for me details and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: I woke up today with a sore throat . During 9 hours later
Thank you.

Last night I had chills. I also noticed a swollen lymph node on my neck. My headache persists this morning.

How do I know whether this is upper respiratory vs. strep?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Strep throat is unlikley in adults!

Detailed Answer:

Strep throat i so unlikely in adults. Do you have congested nostrils? Dry cough?
I recommend you continue with Tylenol only. That would be fine. Keep me updated.

I wish you well.