I went to see an infectious disease doctor today and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
I went to see an infectious disease doctor today and I was diagnosed with mono I am 53 years old I have all four of them diagnosed with thyroid issues and I take medication for that also have been diagnosed with that use my CPAP every night I am only for 4,11 and weigh 100 pounds I have been sick for the last eight years with the developer. Then I'm going to bed with my blood levels were 1500 don't know if I can come April able t and weigh 100 pounds I have been sick for the last eight years with the developer. Then I'm going to bed with my blood levels were 1500 don't know if I can continue to work much longer it is so hard for me to get out of bed every day and to get my infectious disease doctor is supposed to be getting with my poluomntary Doctor tomorrow I really would like to know if there is any other kind of blood test they can check to see if you have chronic fatigue syndrome I Had mesh put in in 2005 and went UCLA in 2013 to see Dr Razz for removal the mesh had growed in my bones and could that be feeding this mono and I still have some mesh still in me have any answers .
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get done arterial blood gas analysis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Since you are having sleep apnea and thyroid issues, hypercapnia (raised blood carbon dioxide) can also cause chronic fatigue.
So get done arterial blood gas (ABG) analysis and sleep study.
If hypercapnia is there or your sleep apnea is deteriorating, you need to increase the pressure in CPAP machine.
Please let me know
1. Have you ever undergone ABG analysis?
2. What are your current CPAP pressures?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.