I was rushed to emergency after getting severe pain in

Cardiologist
Question
I was rushed to emergency after getting severe pain in my chest and back. Couldn't lift my arms dry mouth clammy hands feeling weak jaws felt tight. After X-rays etc ultrasound looking at the heart angiogram etc Answer. Not my heart. I was discharged but feel exhausted. Also noted heartburn and burping a lot. Pain is still on the left but with burping feels better. What can this be. I have an appointment with a heart specialist but if it's not my heart why bother. What is Angina?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your symptoms do not seem to be related to a heart disorder.

Angina is chronic ischemic cardiac disease, also called coronary artery disease. It is caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries, causing insufficient blood supply to the heart muscle, thus leading to myocardial ischemia, clinically expressed with chest pain.

Coronary angiogram is the golden standard test to investigate for this disorder. I would like to directly review your angiogram report for a more professional opinion, if you can upload it on this question.

But, burping is not related to the heart. It is more related to the stomach. Indigestion or gastro-esophageal reflux can mimic all this clinical situation. Esophageal spasms too.

For this reason, I would also recommend performing a fibro-gastroscopy. The relief of your chest pain and burping by antiacids or omeprazole, would indicate possible gastro-esophageal reflux or gastritis underlying your chest pain.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: I was rushed to emergency after getting severe pain in 16 hours later
I can only get an appointment with the cardiologist in Nov. Is it still ok to then to forward this to you after the time lapse. sorry name of medication is Pariet 20mg

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Thank you for the additional information!

Pariet 20 is a PPI drug, used to treat gastritis or gastro-esophageal reflux. If this drug helps improve your situation, I would advice performing a fibrogastroscopy to examine your stomach better.

As all your performed cardiac tests have resulted normal, there is nothing to worry about your heart.

So, the situation can wait until consulting with your cardiologist.

I would be happy to review all your performed tests if you can upload them, for a more professional opinion!

Let me know about everything!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri