I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 3 plus years ago.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 3 plus years ago. Last week, I started experiencing a dull pain in my lower abdomen on the left side radiating into my left testicle. The pain disappears after I lay down and is not present immediately when I wake up but does appear as the day goes on especially when I am sitting for a long period of time. I have increased gas and my lower back is bothering me more than usual. No fever or fatigue. No weight loss. Same appetite. No vomiting. No blood in urine or stool. No real change in bowel movement or frequency. Pain seems to subside if I sit with my legs elevated. I seem to feel a bit more comfortable when I am standing and moving around.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Left Inguinal Hernia or Varicocele

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have narrated pain and discomfort in lower abdomen radiating down to testicle could be either due to Left Inguinal Hernia or Varicocele .However the diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination in person,

Consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis
1) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen ans pelvis
2) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum
3) Color Doppler study of scrotum .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.