I want to quit smoking. How to do it?

i want to quit smoking pl help how to do it ?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

To quit smoking most important factor is motivation. It should be present during initiation of quitting and should be maintained thereafter. In its lack, motivation enhancement can be conducted by trained psychiatrist.

This is followed by drugs which reduce craving for nicotine like bupropion. concurrently in heavy nicotine users nicotine replacement therapy is given in form of nicotine gum or patch.

Apart from that patient discard all the smoking material and avoid situation which leads to urge for smoking. In person with history of multiple quitting attempts, relapse prevention sessions are helpful.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.