I used Lotrisone for jock itch. Skin started peeling off. Is this the side effect of medicine?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I used Lotrisone for jock itch. I stopped using the creame 2 weeks ago and my skin peeled off. Now there is major pain, swelling, burning on my groin area. I know the jock itch is gone, I am wondering could this be a sideeffect of the medicine and if so how do I treat it? I am in a forigen country and cannot see the doctor, however I am in pain.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 6 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Lotrisone is an ointment containing combination of antifungal and steroid ,as per your history you have stopped using this cream two weeks back so your present symptoms are unlikely to have been caused by this ointment. I advice you to consult your dermatologist to see if there is reactivation of the fungal infection or any secondary bacterial infection.Till then for your present complaints you can you use absorb dusting powder in the groin area and analgesics.But consult your doctor as soon as possible for correct diagnosis.
Hope my advice may help you