I thought I had wax in my ear, used debrox

ENT Specialist
Question
I thought I had wax in my ear, used debrox and warm water flush. Helped a little but have had a constant bit of what seems like water leaking from my ear (for about 3 weeks but also had before I flushed out my ear). Woke up this morning and the whole side of my head hurts, jaw included and my hearing seems off, not plugged just off.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ear discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
You are probably suffering from ear discharge rather than wax. Avoid putting water into the ears.
Use antibiotic ear drops three times a day for a week and get the ears examined by an Ent specialist for any drum perforation.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription
Take paracetamol for pain relief.
Keep the ear dry.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I thought I had wax in my ear, used debrox 1 hour later
Thank you. Are you able to prescribe for me or should I go to a doctor to get one?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ear discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You need a prescription for antibiotic ear drops. You should visit an Ent specialist.
Thanks and regards