I started to see small non pussing sores on my

Question
I started to see small non pussing sores on my vagina and inside as well. They almost look like canker sores. They burn and sting when I go to the bathroom or touch them. I got them swabbed and my doctor said it looks like cuts from rough sex but I'm getting more so I don't think that's the case. I'm terrified it's herpes. Could they be non sexually acquired lesions?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be Herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The multiple small sores in the vagina that you have can be due to herpes. These are less likely to be due to allergy or any other cause that is non sexually acquired.
Herpes can be diagnosed by viral culture obtained from the fluid from lesion. There are also blood tests that can detect antibodies to the herpes viruses. Your gynecologist will guide you for the investigations.
There is no substitute for an examination to really find out what is going on. Till then you can take general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal