I see halos around lights months after having cataract surgery

Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Colored halos are caused by cataract/corneal edema Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having colored halos seeing around the lights months after cataract surgery. The common causes for seeing colored halos are cataract and corneal edema. Since you have already undergone cataract surgery the causes for seeing colored halos can be because of after cataract or because of corneal edema. After cataract is because of opacification of remnants of posterior capsule after cataract surgery and is treated by laser capsulotomy. Corneal edema is because of raised intraocular pressure or because of damage to corneal endothelium because of surgical trauma and is treated by lowering the intraocular pressure and by using hyperosmotic agents. Do mention your vision in the operated eye and any complications during surgery or following surgery so that I can answer your question more accurately. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you