Ask a Urologist   »  

I recently had a bone scan reference PSA (radical in

Question
I recently had a bone scan reference PSA (radical in '94 / radiation '04 and just received 2nd annual shot of Trelstar. On the report I received it mentioned that I was on a glucocortisteroid. Is Trelstar this drug?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. No, it is not this drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.

So, you are on anti-hormone agent triptorelin known also as Trelstar. This is not a steroid and is the main treatment for carcinoma prostate.

Feel free to ask further.

Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I recently had a bone scan reference PSA (radical in 20 hours later
Thanks for your quick response. I did take a 2nd annual shot of Trelstar back in July (my PSA had risen back to 7.6) after falling to <0.1 after 1st 12 month dose of Trelstar. Last month I was retested and my PSA was back to <0.1 ng/ml. I don't remember being told a testosterone blood test level previously, but last month that number was <2.5 ng/dl. Would you consider both of those numbers acceptable 3 months into annual Trelstar shot?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello, Yes, these are within limits for you

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back, dear.

Yes, both figures are within limits for your disease. Nothing to worry. Just continue with the treatment.

Thanks and regards