Ask a Dentist   »  

I recently got an extraction... And an implant in its

Dentist
Question
I recently got an extraction... And an implant in its place... Which did not work and resulted in an infection of the socket ... The dentist removed the implant cleaned the infection and probably went upto my sinus and perforated it... The socket was covered with a bridge but there seems to be a salty kind of liquid seeping out of the place where the bridge was placed... Seems to be coming from the nose... Also if I gargle this mucus type fluid is pushed out of the nose...
What could this be and how do I address it?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Oro-antral fistula.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Your complete explanation is pointing towards Oro-antral fistula.
It is a communication between sinus and mouth due to perforation of sinus floor.

The sinuses drains through nose and this is the cause of fluid seeping through nose on gargling..

There are very less chances that it will heal on its own..

So do not wait and consult an Oral Surgeon or ENT Surgeon.

The sinus opening should be closed surgically.

Please write back for more queries..

Regards..