I obviously have some sort of worm in my fecal

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
I obviously have some sort of worm in my fecal matter. I know it is either a round worm or tapeworm. When I consulted my physician he laughed and gave me Linzess??. I have a worm as I CAN see though I'm very clean hence the doc laughing. I've lost a good deal of weight. I'm tired. I don't want to eat yet hungry. My stomach hurts up into my liver area. I can't sleep. I saw one symptom was seizures but I've had those since my teens so??? There is no leash law in my town and many dirty dogs/cats roam. They poo in my yard and get on my porch. It is sand everywhere.
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Follow-up: I obviously have some sort of worm in my fecal 15 minutes later
I forgot to include I take a daily adult aspirin as a blood thinner and have been concerned about any meds which might ad to the blood thinning properties.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Deworming should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Most of the times adult helminths attaches to our intestines and absorbs nutrition from blood.Therefore a person who has parasitic infestion loses weight rapidly.Secondly these parasites attach to guts usually by piercing intestinal walls through suckers.Point of attachement of sucker acts as a small bleeding point and can cause lose of about 5-10 ml blood daily.Loss of appetite is again a sign of parasitic infestion.

Ideally every person should take deworming course once every year.
Linzess has no role stop it.

Take Albendazole 400 mg once daily before going to bed for 5 days.Don’t swallow it rather crush it and chew it.

After 5 days of treatment get a stool test done to look for residual infection.
However course of albendazole would be sufficient for you.

Hope i was helpful.
Regards!