I need a diet to prevent infection of the gall bladder

I need a diet to prevent infection of the gall bladder I had right upper quandrant pain
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: low fat, high fiber diet Detailed Answer: Hello, You require a low fat and high fiber diet to prevent gall bladder infection. Accordingly, here's what is required of in your diet. - Fresh fruits and vegetables - whole grains like oats - low fat dairy products - lean meat and fish What you need to avoid is: - Fried and high fatty food - processed foods, pizzas, burgers - high cheese, and butter - red meat At your age, I would suggest you a simple, bland and yet nourishing food i.e. as much of fruits and vegetables as you can. Let me know if I can help you further.
Follow-up: I need a diet to prevent infection of the gall bladder 6 days later
I am very pleased with your reply and have changed my diet. Just one more question. What about salt, sugar, chocolates , alcholol and coffee. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: limit the intake Detailed Answer: Hello, You should limit the intake of salt, sugar, chocolates - all to the minimal level. Avoid alcohol completely. Avoid coffee as much as possible. Try to limit it's intake to once or twice a week. Hope this helps. Thank you too!