I just wanted a 2nd opinion. Lots of pain in

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I just wanted a 2nd opinion. Lots of pain in my right knee. The radiographer reported no problems from x ray but i can see a clear dot on the tibia???? Sorry for the bad quality pic

Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal variant.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have seen the x ray . There are two spots - one smaller one which is probably a bone island found in good no of people. It is a normal variant and does not cause any problem.
The other one is little bigger and less white- it is a normal shadow of tibial tuberosity.
I hope that now you are clear about the dot. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Follow-up: I just wanted a 2nd opinion. Lots of pain in 53 minutes later
Thank you so much. Would the bone island be causing the pain? Should i do anything about it?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bone Island does not cause any pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Bone Island is an incidental finding and it generally does not cause any pain . Nothing needs to be done for it.
Thanx