I hit my head. Feeling dizzy. Got paresthesia in left head. Could it be chronic traumatic encephalopathy?

I alrea mdy asked smilar qustion, but I would like to reframe it.... I have CIDP, but this is not about it...

During my condition I used to be desperate.... so i did stupid things, I used to hit myself with hand in head.... ok, that is wrong... now, first my strength was low, so I couldn't injure myself, over time, however, strength was recovered, but, when in neuropaticc problem, i used to do that same stupid things again... unti I felt dizzines, confusion, frustrationd etc.

I recoverd, but after some time I just mildly hit head... thereafter I got paresthesia in left side of head, numb tongue.... it is subsiding slowly.... but I am mostly disturbed since my attention, concentracion, are not as before.... I feel agitated... like i will get kind of seizure.... I read it could be post concussion syndrome, ok, that my go away.... however I found another condition caled chronic traumatic encephalopathy but it iscommon mostly with athletes, boxers etc.

Could it be that be repeatied playing box with head I caused such kind of condition.... or I am just bit paranoid.... I don't function very normal.... can not work well my job in internet....and that feeling of having seizre....I did MRI which was good... Am I myabe too paranoid.... can that condition come from what I told...

Thank you...
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 13 hours later

Most probably your symptoms like sensory deficits, attention and concentration disturbances, dizziness, confusion, agitation, etc., appeared due to mild traumatic brain injury caused by your habit.

The symptoms occurred in concussion can be transitory and disappear; but if you will continue your attitude against yourself, ( head) it can lead to post concussive syndrome and complications like increased intracranial pressure, vomiting, sever and recurrent headaches, dizziness, memory impairment, sensory and motor deficits, vision disturbances, alteration of mental status and even personality.

Since the MRI did not reveal any changes, do not worry. But I would advise you stop hitting your head, find a way to relax and be calm, make pleasure environment around you, listen favourite music and you may consult Psychiatrist for further advice.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional queries, don’t’ hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Follow-up: I hit my head. Feeling dizzy. Got paresthesia in left head. Could it be chronic traumatic encephalopathy? 1 hour later
Ok, thank you, that helps...

I will ceretnly do all not repeat my mistakes, and started doing so, but last time it was so mildly that couldn't do any harm, however, it can be my brain became sensitive.

Just to conclude, when I was child, I was diagnosed with epilepsy, most probalby it was wrong diagnosis, becaues i never had epi fit... just some bad dreams.... one doctor found it strange so told me to stop taking medicines, I was fine, like before....

Now, after last time I did stupid thing i started feeling kind of sensaiton I have seizure, in that form i don't feel ok, can not relax,I would say it last at least thre days.... and yes, I fell a bit altered, thinking hard, even suicidal (but it is certenly effect of brain inbalance... benaraly, I am active and suicidal).... could this be sign I might have developed kind of epi.... and what you think, just advise... If that is possible, if not, I am also happy with your previous rfeply and I will accept even if your next reply will not have any additional information

Toady I will go to neurologist for acupuncture.... she is good, but I allways like to hear some other opinion.... mostly it helps to have better perspective.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 3 hours later

Thank you for writing back,

Yes , you right always is best to have second opinion, sure it helps.

Your condition is not suggestive for epilepsy; as when is present it usually would be recurrent, unprovoked seizures, mostly tonico-clonic.

Sensation of seizures can be due to dizziness. And suicidal thoughts, active status, impossibility to relax can be due to repeatedly brain trauma. As I stated before in such cases we can have many other neurological deficits clinically.

So don’t worry; all theses symptoms are transitory and you will be fine. I am happy you understand your condition now and chosen right way.

Good luck,
Best Regards,