I have two swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck

I have two swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. They don't hurt but they are rather large. I don't believe I have any other swollen lymph nodes anywhere else. Can having ones in this area and not anywhere else tell us anything? Thank you
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Requires evaluation Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query indetail. I understand your concern. If what you are palpating are lymph nodes , they require further evaluation. I would like to know the following: 1. Duration since you have noticed. 2. Any change in size or consistency since you have noticed them 3. Any history of Cough , Fever , weight loss? 4. Any history of night sweats? 5. Any pain in lymph nodes following alcohol consumption (in case you take alcohol) If you have ever got any investigations done for any problem , do share with me. I am waiting for your answers to help you better. Stay Healthy.
Follow-up: I have two swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck 19 hours later
I just noticed the size increase a couple of days ago. I have no fever or cough. There is some tenderness to the touch in the area where they are swollen. No night sweats. No pain after alcohol......I have had a reoccuring series of red bumps that have been bothering me for a few months. They are located on my back, chest, amd shoulders. They have been getting progressively worse over the past couple weeks. Not much itching but are becoming more and more uncomfortable. Related???? Any thoughts to these bumps. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You require investigations Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome Again. I would appreciate if you could send me the photograph of the red bumps you have developed. I would discuss that with our dermatologists in panel. I would also suggest you to get following investigations immediately : 1. Haemogram with ESR 2. Kidney Function test 3. Liver Function Test. 4. Chest Xray 5. ANA 6. FNAC of Lymph Nodes. Review with reports and photograph , so that i can help you better.
Follow-up: I have two swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck 7 hours later
Chest and back
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Investigated Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I have discussed your red bumps with dermatologist. They don't relate this to any serious condition in which your primary symptoms can fit. They can range from acne to p.folliculitis. Get the investigations i have advised and review with me. Good Luck.