I have three tiny bumps on the left side of my labia minora which sting while urinating

I have three tiny bumps on the left side of my labia minora. They are in a straight line and do not appear to pop. They are flesh colored. They sting/burn when I wipe after urinating or while cleaned with soap.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Genital warts. Freezing or Laser. Annual check up Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Its look like you are suffering from a Genital warts. It is a common viral infection transmitted by Sexual intercourse but not always. There is no treatment to kill the virus. But laser and freezing will helps in clearing the bumps in the genitals. Your best bet at preventing infection is to abstain from sex or limit sexual contact to one uninfected person. If that is not an option, condoms may provide some protection, but condoms are not 100% effective, since they do not cover the entire penis or surrounding areas. As you have genital warts, you are at high risk of developing Cervical cancer. Thus you need regular annual check with your gynecologist. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: I have three tiny bumps on the left side of my labia minora which sting while urinating 20 minutes later
I have had the HPV vaccine and my pap smears have come back normal. What else could it be?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 30 hours later
Brief Answer: Still possibility of HPV infection. Infected cysts Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. I would like to explain few facts about HPV infection and vaccine. 1. HPV vaccine is a prophylactic vaccine. It will be protective only if you had it before infection. It will less likely to protect if you have vaccine after infection. 2. There are two types of HPV Vaccine available. One is for HPV strains 6 and 11 and other one is for HPV strains 16 and 18. Genital warts are mostly caused by HPV 6 and 11. Thus if you had vaccine that contains strains of HPV 18 and 16, it will not protect against genital warts. Further there are more than 40 types of HPV which can cause warts. 3. Pap smear detects the abnormal dysplastic cells in the cells in the cervix and and it is not useful in warts pertaining to labia minora. Thus i still suspect the possibility of genital warts and it can be confirmed by simple inspection and examination. Further there is a possibility of infected cysts in labia minora. This is mostly be bacterial infection. This can be diagnosed by identification of bacteria by swab and microscopic examination and treated by antibiotics. If you have further queries, Please reply. Hope this helps.