I have taken primolut N unknowingly and after two weeks I found I am pregnant. Anything serious?

Infertility Specialist
I have taken primolut N unknowingly and fter two weeks I found I am pergnant.Anything serous?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Primolut N is a synthetic progesterone preparation. It is generally used for inducing periods or for treatment of excessive bleeding etc...

It is not known to cause significant effect on embryo / fetus.

Dont worry about it.

Please follow my advice about ultrasound scans i am writing below:

1) get nuchal thickness scan between 10 to 14 weeks of gestation.
2) Get anomaly scan done between 18 to 20 weeks of gestation.

These 2 ultrasound examinations will diagnose majority of congenital defects. You will be mentally relieved after these scans. But as of now stop worrying about Primolut N you had taken.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you any more questions.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wishing you a safe pregnancy.